Tuesday 2 December 2008

Coffee Part 2

I stood and made my way over to the water cooler, almost tripping over my own feet as I went. I drank down a cup of water so cold it made my teeth ache and then swallowed another in quick succession. Water blorped in harmony with my guts as the chilled reservoir refilled. 

I sat down again and re-read the message, desperately hoping that I'd misread it earlier. No such fucking luck.

"Seriously, you look really awful," my colleague said, sounding genuinely concerned. Could she really be such an excellent actor?

"I... I'm not feeling too great," I admitted. "Did... did you put something in the coffee?" I smiled to make it seem like a joke, but just from the feeling in my lips I coud tell that it looked more like a grimace.

She just laughed and said something about how funny I was, then went back to her work.

My computer bleeped again and I opened the new e-mail with a groan.

"Kill her if you want to live," it said.

No comments: